Microsoft is a well-known company from Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States which has dominated almost all sectors related to laptops and computers. One product that is certainly familiar to many people is Windows. With this operating system, various devices such as laptops and computers can be used optimally.
Therefore, Microsoft officially launched Windows 11 last year as the successor to Windows 10. Various updates are available for Windows 11, ranging from appearance, features, how to use, to the security system in the software. Reviewing the security system, of course it's not new if a Windows is equipped with Windows Defender.
Besides functioning to protect the device from virus interference, Windows Defender also has many other roles. But when installing some applications, this advanced security system needs to be turned off first. Basically turning off Windows Defender aims to facilitate the process of installing applications. Unlike Windows 10, Windows 11 has a different way to turn off Windows Defender when it's not needed.
how to turn off Windows Defender in Windows 11.
How to turn off Windows Defender in Windows 11
Basically, how to turn off Windows Defender in Windows 11 is quite easy. But you need to make sure that when you turn off Windows Defender, your device is not connected to the internet. When you turn off Windows Defender, you can say that your device is not protected by a protection system. It's not impossible if the laptop or computer that you use will be easily attacked by viruses. To start turning off Windows Defender in Windows 11, you can see the following review.
1. Open the Start menu or you can press the Windows key on your keyboard.
2. Enter the search field and type Windows Security then press Enter.
3. Several menus will appear, select Virus & threat protection.
4. After entering the Virus & threat protection menu, select Manage settings.
5. Deactivate Real-time protection by clicking the icon until it is gray.
6. If a small pop up appears, just click Yes.
7. On your laptop screen, it will appear Real-time protection is off, leaving your device vulnerable. If so, Windows Defender on your device has been successfully turned off.
When Windows Defender has been successfully turned off, you can immediately install the desired application. Even though Windows 11 is fairly safe from incoming viruses, anticipating is certainly not a bad thing to do.
After the application installation process is complete, you can restart Windows Defender on the device you are using. How to open the same settings as above, click the activate Windows Defender option on your device. If this is the case, the laptop that you have can be safely used without any viruses attacking it.